Last Updated March 2018
This policy applies to any user of Your Assistant For Now (“YAFN”), including anyone who contacts YAFN to:
- Request or receive services (customers);
- Provide services assistants);
- Any other user of YAFN’s services (including apps and websites), and anyone else who contacts YAFN or otherwise submits information to YAFN.
1. Information We Collect
- Information that you provide YAFN, such as when you create your YAFN account, including information submitted when you:
- Create your account, which may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo.
- Submit information about your vehicle about your vehicle or insurance (if applicable).
- Consent to a background check (certain assistants).
- Request services through a YAFN app or website.
- Contact YAFN, including for customer support.
- Contact other YAFN users through our services.
- Complete surveys sent to you by YAFN or on behalf of YAFN.
- Enable features that require YAFN’s access to your address book or calendar.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information, such as:
- Location Information. If you are an assistant, YAFN collects location information when the YAFN app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device. If you are a customer, YAFN may collect location information when the YAFN app is running in the foreground, or when the YAFN app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions. Although customers may use the YAFN app without enabling YAFN to collect their location information, it may affect the functionality of the app and will not prevent YAFN from collecting location information from the assistant during your service.
- Transaction Information. We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information. When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and Text Messages. YAFN enables users to call or text each other through YAFN apps, and receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. YAFN may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address Book and Calendar Information. If you permit the YAFN app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or upon your consent. If you permit the YAFN app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response, date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- Information from other sources, which may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- Partners through which you create or access your YAFN account, such as payment providers, and social media services.
- Insurance providers (if you are an assistant).
- Financial services providers (if you are an assistant).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
2. How We Use Your Information
- YAFN collects and uses your information to enable reliable and convenient products and services. We do not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes, but we do use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services.
- For customer support.
- For research and development.
- To enable communications to or between users.
- To provide promotions or contests.
- In connection with legal proceedings.